Can Dogs Eat Strawberry? Yes, strawberry is safe for your dog to eat; especially in hot summer days. Strawberry is not poisonous in any way but may cause certain stomach issues if given in large quantities. So whenever you think that Can Dogs Eat Strawberry, you need not think twice before giving them this delicious treat.
How should you give Strawberry to dogs?
Never give canned strawberry to the dogs since they carry preservatives and artificial sweeteners which can cause upset stomach in your dog.
Always give fresh, non-canned and thoroughly rinsed strawberries to dogs.
How Is Strawberry Good For Dogs?
There are many vitamins available in strawberry:
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A helps in bone growth, reproduction and vision.
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 helps helps in healthy coats and reduce tooth decay.
- Fiber: Fiber helps in better digestion in dogs.
- Omega 3: Helps in reducing inflammation and improves immune system.
- Other Vitmains: Vitamins C, B1, B6, and K, as well as potassium, iodine, magnesium, and folic acid.
How Much Strawberry can be given to Dogs?
Strawberry though good for our dogs needs to be given in a limited amount. Strawberry carry lot of sugar content and hence cause stomach issues like bloating or upset stomach if consumed in high amount. With dog nutrition, moderation is the key.
Fact: As a thumb rule by experts, 10% of calorie in dogs should come from treats or snacks and fruit/vegetables should not contribute more than 20% of dog calorie count.
I am a veterinary by profession and a passionate animal lover. My passion for animals made me become a veterinary surgeon and my vision is to spread animal health and welfare through online dissemination of information and assistance, like what we are doing at Drwaggers.com.