No, grapes are not safe for your dog to eat. Grapes and raisins are known to carry toxic content for dogs. Scientists are yet to find the exact poisonous substances in grapes and raisins that can be so fatal for dogs.

Symptoms After Eating Grapes:

Following are the symptoms to look out for after your dog eats grapes or raisins:

  1.  Loss of appetite
  2. Lethargy
  3. Vomiting or diarrhea
  4. Abdomen cramps/pain
  5. Dehydration

What to do if your Dog Eats a Grape or a Raisin? 

Please take your dog to a vet immediately since the dog’s stomach will need to be rinsed by inducing vomiting before the grape starts the intoxication.

Note: Some dogs might show no symptoms after eating grapes but that does not mean than they can be fed grapes. Never feed grapes and raisins to any dog regardless of the breed.

Also Read:

  1. 10 Foods That Are Bad For Dogs
  2. Which home food is best for dogs?
  3. Fruits that Dogs Can and Cannot Eat

I am a veterinary by profession and a passionate animal lover. My passion for animals made me become a veterinary surgeon and my vision is to spread animal health and welfare through online dissemination of information and assistance, like what we are doing at Drwaggers.com.