Can dogs eat carrots? Yes, carrots are safe for your dog and infact are a source of lot of nutrients and vitamins.
How should you give Carrots to Dogs?
Carrots being a nutritious food for your dogs can be given in whatever form your dog likes it in. You can either give carrot in a raw form or boil it.
Raw carrot tends to have more nutrition than boiled carrots. Some dogs like them soft so the boiled variant of carrot will be tasty meal for them.
How Are Carrots Good For Dogs?
Carrots are a storehouse of many essential vitamins and other nutrients. Its goodness includes:
- Vitamin A: Improves vision, immune system and keeps skin healthy.
- Vitamin K: Improves blood calcium levels and improves blood clotting capability.
- Vitamin B6: Helps convert carbohydrates, fat and protein into energy.
- Fiber: Helps in good bowel movements and keep the stomach healthy.
How Many Carrots can be given to Dogs?
Like any good food, carrots should be given in moderation. Although there is no upper limit till which carrots can be given but too many of carrots might lead to constipation in dogs. Hence its best to consult a vet to decide on optimal quantity of carrots in dog’s diet.
Fact: As a thumb rule by experts, 10% of calorie in dogs should come from treats or snacks and fruit/vegetables should not contribute more than 20% of dog calorie count.
- 10 Foods That Are Bad For Dogs
- Which home food is best for dogs?
- Fruits that Dogs Can and Cannot Eat