Most people in the world are fond of dogs. Specialists think about puppyhood, especially the initial three - four months, to be the most significant time of a pooch's life.
In these months, a puppy experiences major changes in their lives that shape their perspectives about what's good and what's startling— assessments that can be difficult to change at a later stage. For this reason puppies are taught to learn habits and given proper training at an early age.
Have a look at some of the charming puppies below and find for yourself whether you have the ability to nurture a small puppy into a big and healthy dog.
Puppyhood is very important for any pooch. Ensure you are well prepared before you bring an adorable young dog home and make it a member of your family.
At the time of puppyhood, little dogs go through the following:
- Gain the habit of getting along well with other dogs . A puppy who doesn't get this opportunity, turn out to be jittery and agitated infront of other dogs when they grow up. Therefore, during puppyhood such a socialization is important.
- Learn to stay around humans so that they turn out to be joyful and happy when matured. Just like interacting with other puppies and dogs, human interactoin is also a very important part of a dog's development process. This is applicable for every breed.
- If a dog is familiar to a family life and learns how to behave around home products such as television, hoover, dishwashers, different pets etc. then they're bound to be carefree and flexible around all those things as a grown-up. Gradually try to introduce them to new things in their life.
- In the age between three to six months puppies start getting their grown-up teeth. Mostly they will bite everything so that their jaws are able to calm the distress of getting teeth. During teething, toys specially made for relieving tooth pain can provide comfort to the aching jaw and give the little puppy something safe to bite.
- Puppies try to eat crap. Pooches of all ages can have this gross tendency, yet it's increasingly normal in puppies. But owners have to be watchful.
Puppyhood in dogs
- Every dog's growth rate is different, while small dog breed commonly grow up fast, large dog breed grow at a slow pace, and giant breed grow up even slower.
- In dogs mostly, five to six month is considered puppyhood stage and after that they are in their puberty.
Things to be kept In mind
- Try not to take the puppy away from their family before two months of age. Their mother and other-mates show them how to coexist with different dogs during these two months.
- Keep your young doggie at home and around the family. Detaching your little dog will cause issues for you making them aggressive and agitated. Dogs are social creatures, there's actually nothing better than a friendly joyful dog.
- One has to be careful for their dog and their health. Like in children, puppies too need vaccinations on a regular interval to be safe from any ailment and deadly diseases. Puppies get their first vaccination when they are just one and half months old and this goes till they are six months old.
- Little dogs shouldn't stroll out in the open since they're sensitive and are prone to infections. Consult the Vet before taking them out.
Learning, Behavior and Making Rules for puppies:
- Start teaching when your puppy comes home. A puppy's kindergarten is the best place where your puppy learns how to be around individuals and other doggies. Puppies are bought to these classes when they are about two to four months old.
- Try not to penalise your puppy. Shouting and hitting doesn't make your puppy learn how to be discipline, especially for a small puppy who is still learning to accept your rules. Train your little puppy yet be soft and kind towards them.
- Try not to let your puppy do anything that you don't aspire them to do as a grown-up. However, if you pamper your puppy and pets when they jump on you, they won't do the same once they're a grown-up.
- Show your young doggie where to dispose of and what to eat to avoid awful habits and adopt nice ones. Start giving them training at home when you bring your little dog home. Provide them with a lot of bite toys so they comprehend to chew them and not your things.
- While growing, doggies need more supplement rich nourishment than grown-ups.
- Stop your puppy from hopping or jumping on hard surfaces, as it can hurt their body. Avoid running or jogging with them until they are twelve to eighteen months old.